Reiki for People & Animals
Reiki for People & Animals
What is Reiki?
The word "Reiki" derives from two Japanese words: rei, meaning universal; and ki, meaning life energy.
Reiki is a non-invasive technique for stress reduction that promotes overall health and well-being. Reiki promotes healing by inducing a relaxed state that allows balance and ease to return on all levels of being: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Reiki works with recipient to facilitate their own healing response.
Originating in Japan, Reiki is based on the centuries-old concept of an unseen life force energy that flows through all living beings. In Japan this energy is called ki; in Chinese medicine it's known as qi or chi and in Ayurveda as prana. Modern-day quantum physics also recognizes the presence of energy fields connecting all life and all matter. Everyone and everything is made of this life energy, and it fills the spaces between us. This allows Reiki to be offered successfully in person, on or off the body, or at a distance.
During a Reiki session, the practitioner channels this universal energy source and offers it to the recipient wherever they most need it. Adults and children of all ages can benefit from receiving reiki treatments. Animals are especially sensitive and receptive to Reiki energy.
Reiki treatment is delivered through light touch. It may also be offered at a short distance from the body, or long distance. There are no side effects and Reiki can be practiced safely in conjunction with prescription medications, herbal remedies, acupuncture, and all other medical and therapeutic techniques.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
By bringing in vital energy wherever it's needed, Reiki reduces stress and creates feelings of relaxation and well-being so that healing and positive transformation can begin.
Reiki may be helpful for any kind of health, emotional or behavioral condition. Here are some of the many benefits of Reiki sessions:
- Deep relaxation
- Reduced stress & tension
- Renewed strength & vitality
- Eases anxiety or depression
- Better sleep; improves insomnia
- Improved body functions (circulation, digestion, respiration, etc.)
- Strengthens immune system to prevent or fight illness
- Relieves side-effects of chemotherapy or medication
- Speeds healing of wounds, fractures, and surgery
- Relieves aches and pains, headaches, migraines
- Improves digestion
- Removes energy blocks
- Helps resolve trauma or emotional issues
- Eases the stress of chronic illness
- Improves focus and concentration
- Helps clarify & manifest your life purpose, dreams, goals
- Become unstuck from places you feel held back
- Navigate/ease life changes and transitions
Reiki Sessions for Animals
Animal Reiki treatments may take place in your home, where your animal friend is most comfortable. Reiki treatment can be delivered through either a light touch or from a few feet away, depending on what’s most comfortable for your friend. This may vary from session to session and as your animal gets to know me. Treatments are also offered long distance and are equally effective, as energy transcends space and time.
Animal Reiki is appropriate for both physical and emotional/behavioral concerns, or for general health maintenance.
- Promotes relaxation and a sense of well being for your animal companion
- Works in harmony with any type of medical treatment
- May enhance stressful procedures such as dental work or surgery by allowing the animal to be more relaxed before, during and after.
- Helps improve or resolve emotional/behavioral issues or trauma (such as moving, new animals at home, stressful situations in the family, past abuse, etc.)
- Eases a pet's transition at the end of life
Reiki is a powerful healing resource for the whole family.
Reiki promotes deep relaxation, helps speed healing, reduces pain and balances energy. It addresses the whole being: body, mind, emotions, and spirit.
Please contact me to schedule a reiki session for yourself or your animal, either in person (at my office) or long distance. House calls may also be available, depending on location.
I am also available to teach Reiki in one-on-one or group classes.
Success Story: "We adopted a young cat who had many issues. Not only did Hermes eat shoelaces and household objects that resulted in several ER visits and medical procedures, but he compulsively suckled my arms as a means to calm himself down. Desperately stressed, we sought out Donna and her Reiki work. Hermes immediately responded to Donna's sessions, becoming much more bonded to both me, my husband and our senior cat, Cyrus. His attention span increased, he began to take us in, and his behavior was less skittish.
He started to show us that he needed more play time, more sleep, and less anxiety in the household. If Hermes were a person, I would say he leapt several levels of human evolution! Though I was rarely present for Rhe reiki sessions myself, I also felt a shift in my own being and certainly witnessed this in my husband and other cat. Since beginning the reiki, we all share more quality of being. I definitely recommend Donna's healing reiki and her other gifts." --Diana Bahn, NYC
Note: Reiki is not a substitute for necessary medical care. If you or your animal needs immediate assistance, please contact your doctor or veterinarian.